The Anchor Inn
The Anchor, now a private house, is situated on The Quay at the corner of Anchor Hill. The original building dates from around 1700 but the river frontage has been much altered over the centuries to present a fine double frontage rendered facade to the river. The buildings on the return up Anchor Hill retain more of the original character as do the outbuildings and yard to the rear.
This list of names is from census returns, 1933
Kelly's Directory & 1867 PO Directory.
1841: William Roberts
The Anchor in 2006
The side of The Anchor in Anchor Hill with
Anchor Cottage to the rear