One of the three pubs that used to serve The Cross, along with The Flag and The Horse and Groom.
A small beerhouse at the end of Rectory Road now a
private house named Beehive Cottage. There is no
entry for this as a beer house after the 1901 census
and it seems likely that it closed in the early
years of the 20th century.
This list of names is from census returns and 1867
1861: Maria Dowsett