The Park Hotel
The Park Hotel, located on the corner of High Street and Belle Vue Road, was built around 1862. It was opposite the gates to Wivenhoe Park, the Manor House which lay to the West of the High Street.
This is one of the last of the closures, around 2010 being redeveloped and extended to the east as apartments and initially a wine bar. After a brief period as a tapas bar it is now an Estate Agents offices, although the bar remains as their reception desk.
This list of names is from census returns and 1933 Kelly's Directory.
1871: Joseph Holden
© John Stewart - Wivenhoe Memories Collection
The Park Hotel around 1920.
The last days as a pub in 2006.
The building today as an estate agent and apartments over.