Located at the bottom of Anglesea Road at its junction with Brook Street and behind the site of the former Cooks Shipyard this pub was ideally placed for the maritime trade. The cottages in Anglesea Road are known as Captains Row and were occupied by many sea captains and the skippers of the racing yachts built in Wivenhoe.
The licence was surrendered in 1922 and it became a private house which was restored in 2003.
This list of names is from census returns and
1881: William E Culley
Broadway House, formerly The Yachtman's Arms.